Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Blowtorch in Bondage



My go to drinking companion is Metallic K.O. by The Stooges.  In this episode I do a reading of the Lester Bangs article, Iggy Pop: Blowtorch in Bondage, the perfect companion to that record.  Metallic K.O. is a live artifact of Iggy at his rawest and wildest as well as The Stooges farewell show.  Iggy taunts the crowd until they are throwing eggs, light bulbs, and beer bottles at him, prompting the question of who the fuck brings eggs to a concert?
I remember going to Rothbury for the final day in 2009 and somehow ending up in the parking lot while Bob Dylan was playing, screaming along with Metallic K.O. guzzling beer.  Sometimes I need my Stooges fix, as any well-mannered Detroit boy does.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment