Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Long Stories in ForeverLand



On this episode I talk with my friend Alex Smith/collaborator/cybernetic ghost of Christmas future etc. and so on, about backstage follies at Antemasque as well as Trentemoller and Foals. we also discuss The Suitcase Method of building a pedal board. Mostly though, we just hang out and talk trash.  

The opening guitar solo is Mr. Smith in action nailing a cover version of the Zep tune “I’m Gonna Crawl.” The end of the show features his band’s (In Cloud Orbit) full cover version of the song. I think it may be the ultimate version ever, performed at a gas station surrounded with the ambient noise of motorcycles revving and roaring past in a blue haze. This cover could never have a more perfect context and execution.

Note 11-19
We had a problem where the tune at the end was not there the track must have been muted when I edited the file. It has been fixed.



Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment